DCHS holds See You at the Pole prayer, chapel service

As schools across the country participated in “See You at the Pole” on Wednesday, Sept. 26, Delmarva Christian High School expanded their involvement by providing week-long lunchtime prayer opportunities and an outside chapel service for students, staff, parents and community members.

Throughout the week, prayers focused on the “See You at the Pole” global event, the United States, and public and private schools throughout the country. On Sept. 26, DCHS teacher Jeff Donihue and student members of the school’s Spirit Committee organized the school-wide outdoor chapel service alongside the flagpole.

In attendance were SPFC Detective Bradley Cordrey, Georgetown Police Department Capt. Ralph W. Holm, Sussex County Sheriff Robert Lee and Georgetown Police Department Officer Joey Melvin.

“Nothing better than worship at 0820 in the morning. Thank you for the invitation and prayer!” said Lee.

“The singers and musicians really did a great job,” said Holm. “I appreciated the students’ personal prayers, their thoughtfulness and perspective. It was refreshing and a pleasure to meet them.”

At the Milton Campus, the DCMC family gathered around the school’s flagpole. DCMC Principal Drew Jensen opened the ceremony with scripture, followed by student-led pledges and prayers for the school, community and country.

Delmarva Christian Schools is a non-denominational Christian school providing a Christian education to students from young toddler through grade 8 at the Milton campus and grades 9 through12 at the high school in Georgetown. The mission of Delmarva Christian Schools is “to proclaim the gospel by preparing students spiritually, academically, and physically to know and do God’s will in their lives.” For more information, call Delmarva Christian High School at (302) 856-4040 or Delmarva Christian Milton Campus at (302) 684-4983, or visit www.delmarvachristian.com.