Willard ‘Bill’ Pusey

Willard “Bill” Pusey died on Thursday, Nov. 28, 2019, at Berlin (Md.) Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. He was born in Baltimore, Md., son of the late Willard R. Pusey Sr. and Catherine (Parsons) Pusey.

He taught at Seaford High School, where he was very active with American Foreign Student Exchange. He met and enjoyed the foreign students who came to Seaford. Many of them have become close friends, visiting his home with their families. His home has become a haven for these former students, especially in the summer. Many visited Pusey during his lengthy illness, coming from Germany, Chile, Australia and Bosnia.

Pusey is survived by his sister, Jean E. Steele and her husband, Harold, of Bethany Beach, Del., and Bonita Springs, Fla.; an aunt, Hannah Hickman of Millville, Del.; and his cousins, J. Robert Parsons and his wife, Janet, of Bethany Beach (and their son, J.R. Parsons and his wife, Erica, of Columbia, Md.), Janet Hickman of Millville, Del., Lynn Wood of Parsonsburg, Md. (and her children, Rachel and Eric Wood), and Kay Hickman of Rehoboth Beach, Del. (and her children, Grace and Ingrid Hetfield).

Services will be held Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019, at 2 p.m., at Melson Funeral Services, 38040 Muddy Neck Road, Ocean View, Del. In lieu of flowers, the family suggested memorial contributions to the Hope Center, c/o Mariner’s Bethel U.M. Church; 81 Central Ave.; Ocean View, DE 19970.